1.02.2005
Resolutions
New year, new blog, new resolutions. Hell, why not; resolutions may be cliched and bullshit but seeing as it's 1:00 a.m. and I'm eating leftover Chinese and watching old eps of the Tenacious D series, it couldn't hurt to think about adopting some healthier habits. So, my list:

1. Make a comeback at the gym, i.e. stop mindfucking myself into thinking I'm too tired after work to go.
2. Go back on Atkins and re-lose the weight I gained. If all the meat makes me vommy, at least eliminate sugar and white flour and drink more water.
3. Be more disciplined in my writing. Outline a book, write it, and don't pussy out at the first sign of writer's block.
4. Stop being afraid of the dentist and just fucking go.
5. Read better books: no more chick-lit. And get a library card.
6. Stop fucking swearing so goddamn much.

Vacation has been fabulous this week. Joe and I always travel when we can scrape together a week off, so it's been really nice to stay at home, spend time with family and friends, and take a break from being a Responsible Adult. Tonight on my way home I was listening to Green Day ("Holiday"), the Scorpions ("Wind of Change"), and the Dropkick Murphys ("Bastards on Parade") at top volume and for the first time in a long while it didn't feel like I was putting it on to remind myself that I'm not a corporate assmunch, it just felt like listening to good loud shit... huge difference there. I'm going to enjoy the shit out of these last two days off... and I'll cut down on the cursing on Tuesday. Same day I start Atkins and drag my ass back to Boston Sports Club.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer