1.06.2005
Oooo, creepy!
Ugh. Day 3 of Atkins. I seriously don't remember these withdrawal symptoms the first time I did it: headaches, upset stomach, low-grade nausea. The website says these things are common the first week. The last few times I tried to get back on the wagon, this was the part where I gave up becuase I felt like shit. But I don't want to do that this time because I know there's glory on the other side of this hurdle, that fabulous point where your energy surges and you don't experience cravings so you feel like you could keep it up forever. Anyway, not there yet, but I have a Diet Pepsi and that's helping.

I want to see WHITE NOISE. I went on the www.aaevp.com website and listened to a bunch of creepy EVP recordings, including two of the ones they use in the movie. I'll have to see it in the afternoon so I'll have plenty of time to recover. The older I get the lamer I am about ghosts. I believe in the concept of a spiritual dimension, but I don't know why I walk around my house at night as if waiting for something to reveal itself to me. It's stupid. We went to Salem a few weeks ago and met a guy whose hobby is ghosthunting, and I asked him whether people who felt they were sensitive to the paranormal could somehow become a magnet for spirits who could sense that. He said "No, you're just jumpy." Oh, okay.

Last night I watched SMALLPOX, the docudrama about what would happen if a terrorist infected himself with smallpox and then went around New York touching strangers. It was freaky: the epidemic would spread worldwide, the number of victims multiplying exponentially, and ultimately 60 million people would die. Countries' infrastructures would collapse, making it difficult to distribute vaccinations. People would be forced into quarantine camps. It was scary, but still pretty good--realistic for a disaster movie. Not like that 10.0 one where they used nuclear blasts to "seal" the San Andreas fault but one of the warheads malfunctioned and a big chunk of California split off (impossible; every eighth grader taking Earth Science knows the San Andreas is a transform fault. I hate when Hollywood disses plate tectonics!) and the people stood on either side gawking at each other like idiots. I hope when that happened, Nick Lachey ended up on one side and Jessica Simpson ended up on the other. And I hope she was too dumb to ever find him again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer