6.01.2006
One track mind
Joe is a lucky whore. He's off today and tomorrow. He was off Monday and two days last week for Pearl Jam. I'm jealous. He's in the city, wandering around and maybe planning to meet up with my cousin for a drink, and here I am in my cube, hammering away at a ginornous Excel chart. Although today hasn't been bad. I love when my boss is in a flippant mood. Like when he comes over and says: "I'll tell you, [Coworker guy] is in love with this chart. He practically had an orgasm over it. I gave him tons of shit."

I can't wait to have 3 months off. I want to be in my new house, on my new couch (or loveseat or chair, because yay, we're finally going to have a living room arrangement where people can sit facing each other), with my new baby. There is still so much to do in these last few weeks, but there is a definite sense of eventuality now. The movers are scheduled and the house is full of boxes. There are lawyers and home inspectors lurking about. We are taking care of change-of-address forms, utility switch-ons and switch-offs, adding and cancelling insurance coverages. We have delivery dates for our new furniture and appliances. Moving sucks. But trying to buy and sell property sucks worse, so we'll take it.

As for an update on the baby: she's in there. I had an ultrasound yesterday to estimate her position and size. She's vertex, meaning head down, and the placenta is anterior and high (good and good). She weighs approximately 5lb 3 oz, just over 50th percentile for her age. She has hair and an adorable little face, both of which I was able to see clearly on the scan. Although she has six weeks left, she will be at term in three. Unbelievable, seriously. I really can't wait to meet her.


1 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Baby! Baby! Baby!

Let's get this show on the road already.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer