5.01.2006
Cat Ballou
My sister brought home her new kitten, Baloo, on Friday. 8 weeks old, black with white mittens, blue eyes, totally adorable. He plays rambunctiously for hours and then falls asleep in your arms, giving a single meow whenever you shift or disturb him. He play-bites hands and fingers when he wakes up. He climbs the couch, the recliner, the curtains. He steps all over the laptop keyboard. He's fascinated by the ceiling fan in her kitchen.

I LOVE him. We all do, even my dad, who doesn't care for animals and always balked at pets larger or more involved than a guinea pig. We keep track of where he is at every second, are amused by each of his movements and expressions, and take turns holding him.

It definiitely feels like practice for when the baby comes. Just ten more weeks.


1 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Awww, that's sweet! Reading that tugs at my heartstrings and makes me think maybe I'm ready for a little one to take care of. Is 3 cats too many though? :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer