5.08.2006
Plan this
Water sucks. I drink it dutifully, an average of 64 oz. daily, and have for years. While I enjoy the positive effects on my complexion and general well-being, I never enjoy drinking it. I just do it. I try to drink a liter between breakfast and lunch and another between lunch and 5:00 p.m. Any more I drink at home is bonus. Some days it goes easily, other days not so much. I miss Diet Pepsi, mocha lattes, wine.

The baby shower is coming up in two weeks. It's hosted by my sister, three of my aunts, and my mother and being held at my parents' house. It's not a suprise, so I've seen the invitation, decorations and paper goods and I have an idea of the menu. They are honoring my one request: cupcakes. My mom is constructing a cupcake tower using 3 cake plates of descending size. I was happy to pass my gestational diabetes screen so that I can enjoy them.

I visited my registeries and was very surprised to see that practically everything has been bought. Last week there was a lot left, so obviously people went shopping over the weekend. I sort of can't believe that people are buying things for our child, because the concepts of her actually being born and coming home with us are still ungraspable.

It's pretty ridiculous how close it's getting. It's at the point where people who were due before me have either had their babies or will any time. And since there are also people who are due after me, eventually it's going to BE me. I'm going to have to go through labor if I want this baby out. Agghh, scary shit. People have asked me what my plans are for the birth. Um, to get it out? The only thing I'm planning on is an epidural. Beyond that, the circumstances will dictate: if I have to be induced or get an episiostomy or have an emergency C-section, there isn't much I can do to plan around it. But as for a plan-plan, like homebirth, no-drugs birth, giving birth in a pool with dolphins, or vanity c-section with tummy tuck--none of that shit.


1 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

I love cupcakes.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer