10.01.2006
Stupid email survey. It's raining, I'm bored, and the Jets are on.
1. FIRST NAME
Melissa

2. SECOND NAME
Anne

3. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No one real. My parents got the name from a soap opera character.

4. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
The other day. I was reading an incredibly emotional blog written by a woman who lost her baby daughter the same day she was born and is now pregnant with a little boy.

5. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Usually not... I'm so used to typing that my hand misbehaves when I write and one thank-you note looks like three personalities wrote it.

6. WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey.

7. KIDS?
Yes, one.

8. WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Sure. But I'd be really annoyed that I never call myself back.

9. DO YOU HAVE AN ONLINE JOURNAL?
What the hell? The Jets are playing "Sweet Caroline"! With the "Bah-bah-bah!" and the "So good! So good! So good!" What is this crap? Who gave the Jets permission to steal this, and why would they want it? God, the Jets suck. Hahaha they're going to lose to Indy. Wait, I hate Peyton. This game is lose-lose for me.

10. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Ha - never.

11. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

12. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No, not anymore. Same for skydiving. Pre-Olivia I probably would have, but the opportunity never arose.

13. FAVORITE CEREAL?
Golden Grahams. But usually I eat Kashi.

14. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Most of my shoes don't tie. Probably just my sneakers, and no, I don't untie them. Still, when I go to put them on again, I always glance to see if they've been magically untied. They never are.

15. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes. Um, not that my life has been very difficult.

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Depends on the day. Right now Godiva chocolate with raspberry swirl sounds delish.

17. SHOE SIZE?
I was an 8.5 but now I'm a 9.

18. RED OR PINK?
Generally, pink.

19. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My laziness.

20. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Amanda. i really need to get in touch with her.

21. WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE
People snorting their post-nasal drip 469387 times when they have a cold.

22. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING?
Ripped jeans and brown knitted Steve Madden slides.

23. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Grape tomatoes and baby carrots from the crudites tray I forgot to serve last night.

24. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
TV commercials and Olivia whining to have her pacifier put back in.

25. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I'd be the whole 64-color set with the sharpener on the back.

26. FAVORITE SMELL?
Freshly cut grass.

27. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mother.

28. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Eyes, then smile. They have to have a kind face.

29. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK?
Saturday.

30. FAVORITE DRINK?
Mocha lattes, Diet Pepsi.

31. FAVORITE SPORT?
Baseball.

32. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown with highlights.

33. EYE COLOR?
On the green side of hazel.

34. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes.

35. FAVORITE FOOD?
A really good burger and fries.

36. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING?
I like neutral, ambiguous endings. I don't like being told how to feel.

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink and white striped.

38. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Flourless chocolate cake.

40. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR?
That something awful will happen to someone I love.

41. IF YOU WERE AN ANIMAL, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
I hate these stupid questions. Why do I actually spend time thinking about them and coming up with an answer?
I'd be an eagle.

42. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
I'm not. I'd like to, but it's not happening.

43. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't have one. I use an iBook.

43. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Goodfellas and SNL with Dane Cook hosting.

44. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
Olivia's coos.

45. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles.

46. THE FURTHEST YOU BEEN FROM HOME?
Distance-wise, probably Sicily?

49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I'm good at burping whole sentences.

50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Two days after Christmas in Salem, Mass., across the street from the hill where they used to hang witches.


3 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

When I was sitting in the bleachers in Fenway on Friday, a lot of people around me were singing "oh oh oh" instead of "bah bah bah" during Sweet Caroline. What is up with the universe?

Blogger Melissa said...

Carly - Have you noticed how Peyton has been pimping himself in a million commercials lately? His agent knows he'd better collect now because soon even his most loyal fans will have to accept that he can't keep it up in the postseason.

Red - Normally I'd have something to say about bleacher people being a lower life form and what do you expect, but anyone willing to show love and go to the last couple of meaningless games is all right with me. Still - a sharp corrective slap with a ruler is in order for anyone who can't do Sweet Caroline right.

Blogger Red said...

I know, I died a thousand deaths when I realized we had to enter through Gate C. But it was a free ticket, so what are you gonna do.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer