9.11.2006
9/11/06
I watched 9/11 programming all day long today, flipping between MSNBC, the History Channel, TLC, and National Geographic. MSNBC rebroadcast the Today Show as it aired that morning and it got to me all over again: the patchwork of live feeds, contradictory information, raw reporting, and speculation. That bright, sunny day (just like today) shattered like a windshield. I need to re-experience it so I won't ever minimize its impact or forget how it changed us. Knowing everything we didn't know then, it kills me. Because we're no better off. Bin Laden, still at large. Bush, still in office. Airport security, still a joke. The Middle East, still in conflict. The only thing that's changed for me is now I'm raising a child in this world. I don't worry all the time that something is going to happen, I know that a drunk driver poses a much more probable threat than a terrorist attack, but between the nightly news and the company I work for there are constant reminders. Evil is out there, lying in wait, wanting to hurt my family. That will piss me off forever.


1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Does the new format mean that you're about to start doing some hardcore mommyblogging? WOO!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer