6.23.2006
Where the hell have I been?
Well, busy mostly, and also dying hot. Everything is different now. We moved to the sticks. The first weekend we were there we discovered that the downstairs bedroom rug was wet from all the freaking rain we've had this year. A old giant box fan and some Febreze took care of it. We bought a lawn mower and a weed-whacker. Sadly, we have no AC because our windows are uncooperatively sized and open left to right instead of up and down. I love the house but we melt in it even when we surround ourselves with fans. The idea of being home in the summer heat with a new baby prompted me to call a guy to come give us a quote on central air, which is certain to be expensive because a) it's high season and b) we don't have any existing duct work.

Work has become insane lately. We have a huge project for the Board of Directors and there isn't enough time to get everything done. I haven't even begun transitioning my stuff to the poor sucker who has to cover me while I'm out. My new commute is a lot longer and more congested, so I have to leave a lot earlier to try and beat it. I've been getting up at 5:30 a.m. No, really. I leave the house at 6:45, get to work at 7:30, and still end up staying until 5:30 some nights.

There are fewer than 3 weeks until my due date. We never did a childbirth class or even toured the hospital. My belly is gigantic. I can't pick stuff up that I drop on the floor. I wear my rings on my necklace because my fingers are puffy. I only have one pair of work shoes that fit. The baby is LARGE... 76th percentile, estimated at 7lb 11oz already. Three weeks ago she was only 53rd percentile, 5lb 3oz. What the hell, how did that happen? I've gained about 28 pounds. When I sit upright she pushes my ribs with her feet. I can feel her knees and elbows slide by. I can tell she can't wait to get out and start messing with us. We still have no nursery. We can't paint the room this weekend because it's going to be rainy and humid for the next 4304959493 days. The furniture still isn't in. We haven't gone to the police station to have them install the car seat bases yet. My hospital bag is about 1/3 packed, and all that's in there is a nursing bra and a pack of Uno cards.

The condo closing is scheduled for sometime next week; like everything else in this process, the date is not yet solid. But we have their mortgage commitment and this will all be over in 2-3 business days. I can't wait to have that not lingering over our heads anymore. I can't wait to have our money back in our account where it belongs and to be able to pay back the kind family members who loaned us the cash to cover our down payment.

I know how fortunate we are. I shouldn't complain. But however big your biggest problem is, it's still your biggest problem. My biggest problems are the humidity, not having any time to see my friends, and being hugely pregnant. This is about as uncreative as entries get, but that's where we're at.


5 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

And now it's time for me to apologize for my vile husband. Seriously. What the hell?!

Blogger Joe said...

Hehehe nice article, hup. :)

Blogger Melissa said...

That article broke the pin off my bullshit meter. British women are clearly insane.

Blogger Red said...

You know you shouldn't complain? If I were you I'd be punching people in the face. Complain on, sister! You're a trooper.

Blogger Mrs. S. said...

Wow.. Pregnant and no A/C?? I think I'd have to kill someone. I'm not far from delivery myself so I can relate to always being hot. I have 6 weeks to go though and mine's in the 90th percentile at 6 and a half pounds last week.

Good luck!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer