7.05.2006
The last week
No baby yet. I'm at work. Doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what they say.

Here's a survey I stole:

Do you own an iPod?
I own an iPod Shuffle, which is full of random songs that I like to blast on the treadmill (like “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, “Still in Love Song” by the Stills, “Same in the End” by Sublime, “Ex-girlfriend” by No Doubt) and which has been languishing in my gym bag for months. My gym bag, by the way, is a museum dedicated to March 2006.

What was the last movie you watched?
Napoleon Dynamite… you might as well do something while you’re doing nothing!

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
The IT guy.

Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
Of course. Everybody talks about everybody. But I don’t think there are groups of people getting together with the express purpose of bonding over just how badly I suck. It’s just what you do when you’re with people… discuss the lives of other people.

Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Sure. Smurfs, Underdog, Jem, She-Ra, Danger Mouse, Snorks, and a lot of non-cartoon Nickelodeon shows like You Can’t Do That on Television, Mr. Wizard’s World, Pinwheel and Today’s Special.

Who were your childhood heroes?
Ponch & Jon from CHiPS

Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
No, not likely. One or two maybe. Of course, the man I am tethered to has none, and no plans to get any.

Do you use sarcasm?
Not nearly as much as I used to.

How old will you be on your next birthday?
29 in December.

Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
I’m not a grammar Nazi but I do have an ear for correct usage. I can’t help correcting people (annoying, I know) and I have a hawk’s eye for typos. It’s a curse, really.

Do you think your [sic.] a good person?
God, speaking of typos. Overall, I do. I’m not out to put other people down, and I’m happy with my life.

Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes, though I think only once. My friend Amanda and I went to Great Adventure in New Jersey several years ago and rode the huge coasters all day. That was a fun little roadtrip. There’s a Six Flags New England now, but I’ve never made it there.

One of your scars: how did you get it?
I was climbing out of a canoe onto a dock and slammed my shin into a corner of the wood. It gouged out a chunk of flesh and I still have a divot.

If you could pay anyone in the world to be your friend, who would it be?
Oh, yes, brilliant idea. Way to make someone respect you. I’d much rather pay someone to be my housekeeper.

Have you ever met a famous person?
No, and I’m not inclined to want to. Especially not on the street or in a fan situation. It would be okay if we were invited to the same gathering.

What's the scariest story you've ever heard?
Once upon a time there was a husband and wife who learned early in their adulthoods that they’d need to somehow, some way, save millions of dollars in order to retire comfortably.

What five things would you take with you to a desert island?
Well, since it doesn’t say deserted island, I’m going to presume that lodging, food, transportation, recreation, and other creature comforts are provided. I’d bring my husband, our baby, two friends and a dog.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer