7.18.2007
GOD I LOVE SURVEYS! (keep em coming)
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Not me personally, but I’ve had two close calls related to cars I was riding in. In college some friends and I were driving around in New Hampshire and we were stopped for having a broken headlight. The kid driving was high as a kite and the rest of us were drunk and underage. We had open containers in the car as well. The cop took a good long look-see with his flashlight, but ultimately didn’t push the issue and let us go. Another time, Amanda and I were driving up to Montreal the day after hosting a party at my parents’ house. We cleaned up after the party, threw a garbage bag full of empties into Amanda’s trunk, and took off. Then we were stopped by the border patrol. They asked us to pull over, show our passports, answer a bunch of ridiculous questions, and step out of the car for search. The border officer opened the trunk and rattled the garbage bag. Fortunately for us, it was a Canadian border officer and the legal drinking age in Canada is 18.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
No – I love roller coasters, except for the excruciatingly slow, click-click-click-click climb to the first summit.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Forever ago. My neighbors up the street had a huge hill in the woods behind their house. You could pick up great speed and we would build jumps to catch air. Sometimes we crashed into trees. It was awesome.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
With someone. I’m a pretty good sleeper, and I sleep on the edge of the mattress no matter the size of the bed, so I never feel encroached on.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Mostly yes. I’m definitely fascinated by them. Never had a paranormal experience, though.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Yes, but it’s not like I go home after work and build furniture and paint it wild colors or make crazy collages or sew my kid’s clothes or anything.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Sure. And even if he didn’t, he’s still a jackass.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
I don’t know. They both seem okay. Maybe I’d rather hang out with Jennifer Aniston, because she’s good friends with Catherine Keener, and the three of us could make a nice little trio, hanging out at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and writing on our Macs side-by-side by Jen’s pool.

9. Do you stay friends with your ex's?
One in particular, yes. The others I mostly don’t care about.

9. Do you know how to play poker?
Nope. I kind of hate card games that involve a regular deck. I like Uno, Skip-Bo, Quiddler and Five Crowns, though.

10. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
No. Maybe 36 hours, barely.

11. What's your favorite commercial?
The Aflac one with the goat that goes, “Nah! Nah. Nah. Nah. Nah.”

12. What are you allergic to?
Nothing, really.

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
Eh, sometimes. If the light is taking forever. And there’s truly nobody around.

15. Have you ever had a Choco Taco?
No… I’ve had a Cool Dog though, which is the ice cream hot dog they serve at Fenway.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Sox, baby. Sorry, Joe and Kate, but the Jankees can suck it.

17. Have you ever been ice skating?
Only once, and I sucked very badly. I suck at rollerblading too, so maybe it’s a balance thing. I used to kick ass at roller skating. Give me four huge wheels and a rubber stopper and I’ll make “Everything She Wants” by Wham! come to life.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Almost never. I do remember a dream from last night. I had two phones on my desk, and one of them was a direct line to my father’s office, and I kept picking up that one by mistake, and he was getting annoyed.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
It might have been this week. Joe and I have been watching the World Series of Pop Culture on Vh1 and hearing straight-man Pat Kiernan (my favorite NY1 anchor) say “ass” and “skank” and “self-dalliance” is funny as hell.

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Yes… way more than 5.

21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
Pat Kiernan saying, “Tanya got a big ol' butt / Theresa got a big ol' butt / Irene got a big ol' butt / Shirley got a big ol' butt.”

22. Do you believe in love at first sight?
If it does happen, I think it’s a happy coincidence.

23. Do you put salt on a turkey dinner?
No.

24. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes, partly because my car trills angrily at me when I don’t. Point for you, Ford Motor Company.

25. What cell service do you use?
T-Mobile.

26. Do you like sushi?
I do! I’m not too adventurous in my selections, but I tried eel and didn’t die, so yeah.

27. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
No, I don’t think so. I have narrowly avoided, “Crap, that would have been an insurance nightmare” accidents.

28. What do you wear to bed?
A tank top and pj bottoms.

29. Been caught stealing?
Yes!

30. Do you pee in the pool?
No. It turns green, you know. Or purple if you buy that stuff.

31. Do you truly hate anyone?
No, what’s the point?

32. Bluegrass or Rap?
Hmm. Well, definitely not bluegrass, so I guess rap.

33. Is there anything you're interested in that other people would find weird?
Abandoned mental institutions, anyone?

34. Skim, 1%, 2%, or whole?
1%. Skim is like blue water, and 2%+ might as well be cream.

35. What food do you find disgusting?
Green peppers, particularly in air form!

36. Windows or Macintosh?
Mac.

37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?
Sure! Just yester… I mean, way back in the day.

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Back in school, yes (sorry, friend from high school who shaved her forearms). I agree that poking fun to someone’s face is far more enjoyable. It’s all out of love!

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Have I? I don’t know if that situation has ever presented itself. I’m sure I would, though, if I agreed strongly with that person’s side of a situation.

40. Have you ever sung in front of the mirror?
Sure. I used to dress up in my 80’s best and pretend to be on tour with Debbie Gibson.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer