1.07.2005
Vacation
I am totally floating on the idea of going to ARUBA for vacation this year. I've always wanted to go there, and Joe and I promised ourselves that our next vacation would be of the beach variety, not the trek-around-Europe variety. The prices on Travelocity have always dissuaded me from seriously considering it, but I asked Carly about New Orleans this morning and she mentioned that she and Kevin are planning to go to Aruba, and it was such a trigger. She gave me the website she used, and the prices are not too evil, and now I'm being totally seduced by the idea of sugary beaches, aquamarine water, and golden tans. I can practically feel the trade winds on my skin.

The only tiny issue is that because Joe and I are slaves to the Northeastern academic calendar, we can't figure out when to go. We don't want to go during his spring break, because... it's spring break. We can't go the last week of April between semesters beause I have a 4-day training session the following week and can't be out. That brings us to July, after Summer I session. It's cheaper then, since peak season is December-April, though still a lot of money, and anyway we're getting to the point in our marriage where we may not be able to take a trip like this for a long time. We'll see what happens, but I already can't wait!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer