6.24.2005
The opposite of providence is improvidence
Providence Place is a bad mall. Even though it's carpeted and has Nordstrom and an IMAX theater, it still sucks. A couple of months ago I ordered two dresses on Nordstrom.com and I plan to wear one of them to my cousin's wedding on Sunday, but there are minor issues: one is a smidge too long, the other I don't have a bag or shoes for. I hoped to find shoes, but what I really wanted was to find a third dress that would blow me away. Didn't happen.

This is one of those pointless missions I put myself on that only result in a lot of frustration and wasted time. The perfect dress isn't out there, and even if it was, it's probably too late to find it, and even if I did find it, it's just a wedding, not even my own... so why am I compelled to drive myself crazy? It's like in the morning before work when I stare at my closet and have no idea what to wear even though there are 10 pairs of pants, 5 skirts, and 20 shirts hanging there. Nothing matches, nothing makes a perfect outfit. I need to make a list of what I'm missing in my wardrobe. I need Stacy and Clinton.


1 Comments:

Blogger Bray said...

I WISH that my biggest worry right now was finding that "perfect" dress....or do I? Green is my collor, but then shoes would be.....holy shit, I should just not think. So is it 5 yet???!!! Will it hit 100 degrees today?? Does the Davinci code tell us secrets? Do tomatoes have identity crises? Will Brittney's baby come out looking all like that mutant slimeball from the movie/miniseries V? Where are my flying cars??!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer