10.18.2005
Non-day
I did some stupid things yesterday and today. Yesterday I was googling around and somehow ended up reading all about the Bell Witch, this freaky haunting that happened back in the early 1800s in Tennessee. Last night I came across a website by a photographer who specializes in urban decay and planted dozens of scary images deep into my brain right before bed. I slept poorly because I freaked myself out. This morning I slept late and had no time to shower. I put my hair up, wore my glasses, and put on a scrubby outfit. Then I decided to stop by the actual, physical post office on my way to work to return an online purchase. My box was all taped up and had a No Postage Necessary return label and all I needed to do was give it to the person at the desk because it was big. I got stuck behind 54959 ignoramuses asking about express versus priority, return receipt, and postal money orders. I couldn't believe I was there. I got to work 15 minutes late. Now I'm here and my boss is on vacation. There's a certain satisfaction at knowing that today is a wash. I don't have to make any effort. Tomorrow will be a real day. Commute, work, coffee, chAt-chIt, commute, Henry Rollins spoken word show at Berklee.


3 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Did you really pass up an opportunity to use "chat-chitting" in context? Words don't control us!

Blogger Bray said...

hahahaha....thats right, I am chat-chitting right now....with my imaginary playfriend Horace.

Blogger Melissa said...

Note the revision. I can't believe I let that go!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer