7.19.2007
Thank you, survey gods
100. WHAT'S YOUR MYSPACE SONG & WHY?
Right now it’s “Makes Me Wonder” by Maroon 5. Because it really makes me wonder if I ever gave a fuck about you. I mean, you’re awesome.

99. DO YOU HAVE A JOB? IF SO, WHAT IS IT?
I do. I work in human resources, specifically, executive talent management and development. Within a couple of weeks, however, I will have a new and better job.

98. MIDDLE NAME?
Anne, which practically every Melissa has as her middle name. Anne is my godmother’s middle name. My sister’s middle name, Marie, comes from her godmother as well.

97. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEONE?
I wish I did! Instead I just have plain old aesthetic appreciation, which is boring.

96. LIED IN THE LAST 24 HOURS?
No.

95. BEST BREAK UP SONG?
Hey, “Makes Me Wonder” is a pretty good one. “It really makes me wonder if I ever gave a fuck about you” is some cold shit to say to someone you supposedly loved.

LAST PLACE YOU TOOK A PLANE TO?
Dallas, for work.

93. WHAT IS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Devil Wears Prada. I liked it!

92. WHAT MAKES YOU MAD?
Fucknuts on the road make my blood boil.

91. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
I’d like to be awesome, please. Oh, and a good parent and spouse.

90. WHAT'S YOUR NAME?
Well, you’ve got my first and middle, so I’d say that’s enough.

89.WHAT DID YOU WHAT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
A famous writer.

88. DO YOU HAVE A FRIEND OF THE OPPOSITE SEX YOU CAN TALK TO?
Yes. Was this made for middle schoolers, when boys were still novelties?

87. DO YOU HAVE ANY SIBLINGS?
Yes, my aforementioned sister.

86. WHERE ARE YOU NOW?
Not at work, no sirree. Huh, guess I’ll need to change my answer on 96 now.

85. FAVE COLOR?
I enjoy green quite a lot.

84. WHAT DOES THE 7TH MESSAGE IN YOUR INBOX SAY ON YOUR PHONE?
I’m sure there aren’t 7 in there.

83.WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE AT A PARTY?
The 4th of July. We toddler-wrangled and sang the quietest “Happy Birthday” ever sung, because it was my aunt’s birthday and Olivia was reclined in her high chair, fast asleep.

82. WHAT IS SITTING TO THE LEFT OF YOU?
Files, tape dispenser, stapler, post-its, banana, pens, water, coffee, postcard from Paris, photos, pen, ID lanyard. What? So I have workplace-y taste in home furnishings.

80. DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS?
Why, yes. Perhaps you’ve heard her mentioned here once or 54968982 times.

79. WHO IS THE 5TH PERSON YOU GOT A MISSED CALL FROM?
I don’t know, someone.

78. CLOSEST BLACK OBJECT?
My keyboard. My shirt, too.

77. CLOSEST SILVER OBJECT?
My earrings.

76. CLOSEST ELECTRONIC DEVICE?
My computer/docking station/monitor apparatus.

75. DO YOU SING IN THE SHOWER?
Occasionally, but far more often in the car.

74. DO YOU OWN ANY PETS?
No.

73. WHAT ARE YOUR PETS' NAMES IF YOU HAVE ANY?
Do you listen?

72. LAST TIME YOU LISTENED TO COUNTRY MUSIC?
Last time Doug Mirabelli came up to bat. Skyyyyyydivin! Although there is this song I’ve heard on Mike 93.7 more than once about a girl who busts up her cheating boyfriend’s truck with a Louisville Slugger, so that also counts.

71. HOW MANY SONGS ARE ON YOUR IPOD/MP3 PLAYER?
2,723. Recent plays include the new Smashing Pumpkins, some Morrissey, my 80s mix, and “Ride Like the Wind” by Christopher Cross (feat. Michael McDonald).

70. INDOORS OR OUT?
Right now, indoors. Later, maybe out.

69. WHAT ARE YOUR FEARS?
Bad things happening to people I love.

68. WHAT CAN YOU HEAR NOW?
People talking. The ones in my house, yes.

67. HOW MANY DRUGS ARE IN YOUR SYSTEM NOW?
Caffeine. Sucralose.

66. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF STATE?
Many. Massachusetts is a small state.

65. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
Gray dress pants and a black top.

64. LAST PERSON TO COMMENT YOU?
HA – myself.

63. DO YOU SING?
I think I’ve already confirmed that.

62. SCREAMO OR COUNTRY?
This is like the bluegrass or rap question. I like German speed metal only, okay?

61. ROCK OR RAP?
German speed metal!

60. POP OR PUNK?
GERMAN SPEED METAL!

59. WHO DID YOU LAST CALL?
Someone from work.

58. WHO LAST CALLED YOU?
Someone from work.

57. WHAT JEWELRY DO YOU WEAR DAILY?
Earrings, a necklace, and my wedding rings.

56. WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?
Just hanging out not at work, listening to some German speed-metal.

55. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU HUGGED?
Olivia. She woke up at 4:55 a.m. (god knows why) and Joe brought her into bed with us. She fell back to sleep on her side like a tiny little person! It was so cute.

54. WOULD YOU DIE FOR SOMEONE?
Olivia.

53. LATEST THING YOU'VE RECENTLY LEARNED?
The titles of 20 Bond films that I don’t care about and will never see. Learning that may have pushed something important out of my brain, like how to calculate a percentage. Thanks, World Series of Pop Culture.

52. ARE YOU COLD NOW?
It’s a little chilly in here, yeah.

51. WHAT DO YOU SMELL?
Nothing.

50. IS ANYTHING BOTHERING YOU RIGHT NOW?
How we’re going to get everything done for Olivia’s party. And it had better not rain!

49. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PIGGED OUT ON ICE CREAM?
Last week. It is impossible to resist Richardson’s coffee Oreo.

48. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TOMORROW?
I’m taking the day off to do party prep.

47. IF YOUR EX WANTED YOU BACK, WOULD YOU TAKE THEM BACK?
No, unless he wanted to become our live-in man-wife.

46. IF YOU WANTED YOUR EX BACK, WOULD SHE/HE WANT YOU BACK?
Surely not.

45. HOW MANY EXES DO YOU HAVE?
Well, not as many as are on my List, so yay for promiscuity!

44. BED SHEET COLOR?
Off-white.

43. DO YOU LOVE SOMEONE NOW?
Yes indeedy.

42. CAN YOU SWIM?
Yup. Not butterfly, which is a freaky stroke anyway.

41. CAN YOU DANCE?
Not a bit.

40. DO YOU LIKE TO TALK?
I do… and sometimes I don’t.

39. FAVORITE HAIR COLOR?
Shiny honey caramel-y blondey-brown. Like my good friend Jennifer Aniston’s.

38. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BROKEN A BONE?
None.

37. FAVORITE SMELL?
Fresh-cut grass and coconut.

36. EVER GONE A WHOLE DAY WITHOUT EATING?
I’ve gone most of a day lots of times, but I don’t think ever a whole day.

35. UNITED STATES OR CANADA?
Both.

34. SOUTH STATES OR NORTH STATES?
North, obviously.

33. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU FOUND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I’d be delighted. And warily considering what life would be like behind the wheel of a double stroller.

32. JEANS OR SWEATPANTS?
Jeans, but I love my Old Navy sweats for hanging around the house.

31. PJ'S OR COMMANDO?
PJ’s.

30. DO YOU OWN ANY BRITTANY SPEARS ALBUMS?
Nope.

29. DO YOU HAVE SOCKS ON?
Dammit, no! What is this obsession with the wearing of the socks?

27. HAVE YOU CRIED SO HARD YOU MADE YOURSELF SICK?
Ick. No.

26. HAVE YOU EVER CRIED IN PUBLIC?
Yes, god, I remember once in New York, we were going to see Rent and I must have been overly emotional but there was this frail-looking older man on the train drinking a bottle of orange juice and he seemed so lonely and sweet that it set me off and I cried silently all night. There was also the day I was exhausted and heavily pregnant and cried at Cracker Barrel, causing the other diners to look up from their troughs of chicken-fried steak and dumplins’ and think, “What’s with that chick? Oh, well. Pass the biscuits.”

25. HAVE YOU EVER MADE SOMEONE LAUGH SO HARD IT HURT?
I’m gonna go ahead and say yes. I’ve shared some good laughs with people.

24. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GAVE YOUR MOTHER A COMPLIMENT?
Last week I told her she was great at party planning.

23. HAVE YOU RECENTLY TALKED TO YOUR EX?
I talk to one of them often, on IM anyway.

22. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN KISSED SO PASSIONATELY THAT IT LEFT YOU SPEECHLESS
Yeah! Good stuff.

21. IF YES TO Q NO. 22 THEN WHO?
Well, Joe of course. No others, honey! Hehe.

20. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO EUROPE?
Yes, a few times. Love it, need to go back soon.

19. FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Right now I’m liking both Top Chef and the Next Food Network Star, but I get the contestants confused.

18. DO YOU LIKE 80'S MOVIES?
Fo shizzle.

17. DO YOU LIKE JOHN WAYNE MOVIES?
Old. Western. No.

16. DO YOU LIKE BLACK AND WHITE MOVIES?
I was going to say probably not, but then I remembered about Clerks.

15. WHAT KINDA MUSIC DO YOU LIKE?
Ahem. GERMAN SPEED METAL!

14. WORST CITY YOU'VE VISITED?
Newark is nasty. Baltimore is pretty much a hole. St. John in New Brunswick was crappy, by Canadian standards.

13. BEST CITY YOU'VE VISITED?
Too many… Barcelona, Rome, Edinburgh.

12. BEEN TO LONDON?
Yes – did my study abroad there.

11. HOW LONG WAS YOUR LONGEST CAR RIDE?
Eighteen hours… from Somerville, MA to Summerville, SC.

10. FAVORITE SUBJECT AT SCHOOL?
English. Creative Writing. Art. Journalism.

9. BEEN TO COLLEGE?
Yes.

8. FAVORITE CAR COLOR?
Black or silver.

7. FAVORITE TIME OF DAY?
The older I get, the more I love early morning. I experience fleeting disappointment when it gets to about 11:00 a.m. on weekends.

6. EVER LICKED SOMEONES CHEEK?
Hmm, perhaps.

5. SEEN ALL THE SPIDERMAN MOVIES?
No, god, no no no and I never will.

4. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO?
Liv’s party! And taking some vacation.

3. EVER GOTTEN LOST IN THE DARK?
Not that I know of.

2. DO YOU SNORE/TALK/WALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
I’ve been known to talk. Joe says I sometimes snore oh so softly. And when I was a kid once, I sleepwalked down to where my parents were sitting and started screaming, “THEY’RE ALL OVER YOU! THEY’RE ALL OVER YOU!”

1. ARE YOU AFRAID WHEN YOU'RE HOME ALONE?
No. But I do have a weird thing about looking out the windows or in mirrors when it’s dark. Not like a THING, just a little thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer