1.11.2005
Progress
Back in 2003 when I was kicking ass at Atkins I used to write everything down in a food journal. The journal's pages were numbered like Day 1, Day 2, etc. I got up to something like Day 150 when I had to stop using it, because it kept reminding me of how long I had been unemployed. But now that the stigma is gone, I think about how awesome it was that I got up to Day 150 at all. I really strive to do that again, and then some. So, today is Day 7. I haven't been following Induction perfectly, but I haven't done anything that I would consider cheating. I had some cashews. I had some low-carb pasta. I had some ricotta cheese. I did not, however, have any sugar or white flour, and that to me is what really matters. I also went to the gym 3x last week and kicked off this week by going last night. I've lost somewhere between 3-5 pounds. I'm not sure exactly how much because I didn't start off with a baseline. But I'm happy about it; I'm already in a better place than I was on December 31.

We booked the trip to ARUBA! It was scary clicking the final confirmation and committing that much money, but in my opinion, travel is always worth the expense. Plus we will have a fabulous time. We're going to a low-rise hotel on a quiet part of the island, and the beach looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait, it's only a month and a half away!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer