2.16.2006
OK, FINE, HERE'S YOUR UPDATE! Hee.
I’m upgrading to a laptop at work. To prepare for its arrival, I tried to move my flat screen. It was stuck to the desk. I had to stand up and use leverage to budge it. The two surfaces finally separated with a sickly sucking sound (like my use of alliteration there?). The culprit: sticky, dried Diet Pepsi from a months-old spillage incident. Thankfully there are anal people in the office who keep 409 and paper towels, because I think there was a Smurf village under there.

In pregnancy news, all is going well. I’m 19 weeks now, or 4.5 months. I’m not showing much to the outside world, but my abdomen is definitely growing and feeling more rigid. My pants are all getting tight, to the point where I have to unbutton them and do the hair elastic trick to get an extra inch. So I finally broke down and got a couple of maternity items: a pair of black work pants and a pair of jeans. I’ll be avoiding the black pants until absolutely necessary, but the jeans are pretty comfy.

And of course last week was the ultrasound, which was amazing. Everything looked good, and the baby was kicking and waving like crazy, which I couldn’t feel at all. I wonder if it’s active like that all the time. And there was this:

Ultrasound tech: “Do we want to know the sex of this baby?”
Us: “Yes!”
Tech: “I’m going to ask you to lie on your side… ok, what you’re seeing is… well, that’s a cheek and that’s a cheek, and the legs go out that way… it’s a little girl!”
(Cheers)
Us: “So you’re sure there’s no chance of boy?”
Tech: “Not unless he has labia.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer