1.16.2006
49 things you were dying to know about ME
1. How tall are you barefoot?
I’m 5’5”.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
Yeah, NO.

3. Do you own a gun?
Just a water gun.

4. Rehab?
I’m not the 12-step type.

5. Would you ever "do" someone in their parents' bed?
NO. The only thing of mine that should be touching my significant other's parents' bed is maybe my coat, on a holiday.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
They’re yummy, especially Fenway franks. What they’re made of is irrelevant.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
How can I be expected to restrict my choice to just one song when the whole Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton Christmas album is so brilliant?

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
I like coffee but sadly, I cannot drink it these days.

9. Do you do push-ups?
Not since I was last subjected to the Presidential Fitness Test.

10. Have you ever done ecstasy?
No.

11. Are you vegan?
Not even close.

12. Do you like painkillers?
Sure, when I’m in pain.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
My luring days are over, but I’m a girl who knows a little bit about a lot of things, so it was always easy to talk to guys about stuff they were interested in. Work in a couple of good details and you become the perfect woman. When discussing sports, know the teams, have an idea of the standings, and be able to talk about the no-huddle offense or the MLB’s tacit acceptance of steroid use. When discussing techie stuff, know the latest Apple releases and say that everything is evolving towards open source anyway. When discussing music, know a few bands in all the main genres. Operation Ivy, the Clash, Black Flag, the Ramones, the Smiths - these are almost always safe territory. Avoid the "Is Green Day punk?" debate.

14. Do you own a knife?
A whole block full of them, including a giant cleaver and the Norman Bates “Eee! Eee! Eee!” one.

15. Do you have A.D.D.?
No.

16. Do you love the pain a tattoo brings?
I am unfamiliar with that pain, but I imagine it would be like being stung by a thousand bees. And no, I don’t think I’d like that.

17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
How am I going to finish all this water?
Why does the office smell like Doritos?
Is winter ever going to end?

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
Gas - $28.02
Toll from NH - $1.00
A banana smoothie - $4.00

19. Name five drinks you regularly drink:
Water, water, water, milk, and grape juice.

20. What time did you wake up today?
6:20 a.m.

21. Current hair?
Straight and dark brown with side bangs and choppy angles. Needs a cut.

22. Current worry?
General concern that the tenant subletting my womb is healthy.

23. Current hate?
The bitterly cold weather.

24. Favorite place to be?
In a warm restaurant with my friends.

25. Least favorite place to be?
In the cold bathroom waiting for the shower to warm up.

26. Where would you like to go?
Greece.

27. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
A tank top and my Old Navy pj’s with the conversation hearts on them.

28. What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years?
Raising kids… going to parent-teacher conferences, packing lunches, taking them on vacation and swimming with them in hotel pools.

29. Do you burn or tan? I tan, but not as well as I did when I was young.

30. Last thing you ate?
Free breakfast at work. Yay civil rights!

31. Would you be a pirate?
No, but I would try to have one as an acquaintance so I could be in on all the good pirate gossip.

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
November, up at the Mt. Washington Hotel. Yes, I was pregnant then. No, I didn’t know yet.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don’t, but on the rare occasions that I have, it’s been old-school Mariah Carey.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Ghosts. When it was dark I used run up the stairs and slam my bedroom door to keep out anything that followed me. And also robbers – sometimes the headlights of passing cars looked like flashlight beams downstairs.

35. What's in your pockets right now?
I don’t have any pockets.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Imitating Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown at lunch.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Strawberry shortcake, since I wanted to be her.

38. Worst injury you've ever had?
In third grade I sprained my wrist riding my bike one-handed down a steep dirt incline. I also did something really bad to a tendon in my heel playing tennis and spent two days crawling around my house in agony. I’ve never broken any bones.

39. What are your dreams like?
Few and far between. But the ones I have are hot.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Two.

41. Who is your loudest friend?
Yeah, Chris. If I were to write a book, I would have to represent his speech like Owen Meany: “THAT PICKLE-SNIFFER CAN GO FUCK HIMSELF.”

42. Who is your most silent friend?
Ralph.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Only everyone!

44. Do you wish on stars?
Occasionally. And sometimes I wish on airplanes that I think are stars but then it’s like, hey, that star is moving. And blinking. And serving chicken marsala.

45. What is your favorite book?
She’s Come Undone. I just love it.

46. What is your favorite candy?
Peanut butter M&Ms.

47. What song do you want played at your wedding?
Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. What?

49. What were you doing 12AM last night?
Sleeping.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer