10.19.2006
For the love of God, call a hotline!
This is the play my friends and I wrote and performed in sixth grade. I’m pretty confident ABC After-School Special is going to want to option this the nanosecond I hit Publish Post.

THE SECRETS SAMANTHA KEPT

NARRATOR: The story begins on the first day back to school. Jennifer walks over to talk to her friend, Samantha.
JENNIFER: Sam, what happened to you?
SAMANTHA: Um, I had a, um, fight with, um, my… my… brother in the living room and, um, he punched me and, um, you know…
JENNIFER: Are you okay?
SAMANTHA: Why? Do I look guilty or something?
JENNIFER: No, why would you look guilty?
SAMANTHA: No reason at all.
NARRATOR: Even though she didn’t let on, Jennifer guessed what was going on. (Editor’s note: great, so this play should be over in about two seconds, right?) After school, Jennifer and Samantha waited for Corey and Kerianne, their friends.
COREY: Sam, what happened to you?
NARRATOR: Without thinking, Samantha replies…
SAMANTHA: I, um, sort of fell on the ground and, um, rolled down a hill and, um, hit my eye on a rock.
KERIANNE: Ooo, that must have hurt.
SAMANTHA: Yeah… I guess.
NARRATOR: At they walked Sam home, Jennifer said…
JENNIFER: Hey, you didn’t tell me you fell! You told me you got in a fight with your brother!
SAMANTHA: Well, that’s how I tripped. After he hit me I ran.
JENNIFER: I thought you were in the living room?
SAMANTHA: Well, um, I, um, ran out of the house and into the neighbors’ yard. Ya, that’s it. That’s what happened.
JENNIFER: (under her breath) Yeah, right.
NARRATOR: Samantha opened her front door, letting Jennifer in.
SAMANTHA: (to Corey and Kerianne) Bye, you guys! I’ll get some snacks, okay?
JENNIFER: Sure, okay… I’ll be in your room.
NARRATOR: Jennifer bounced up to Samantha’s room. While Sam got snacks, Jennifer heard a door slam, some angry voices and a few scuffles. Then she heard a scream. Samantha came into her room crying. She had a hand over her nose and it was streaked with blood.
JENNIFER: Well, maybe, I… I mean… well… Sam, are you okay?
SAMANTHA: Oh yeah. Never been better!
JENNIFER: You know, Sam, I think that there is something wrong… you can tell me, you know, I’ll understand… really!
SAMANTHA: Nothing is wrong! Maybe you shouldn’t butt into other people’s lives. And maybe you should just go home!
JENNIFER: Okay, if that’s the way you want it, fine! Consider me gone!
NARRATOR: She slammed Sam’s door. Sam burst into a fresh set of tears. --- It is now the next day at school. (Editor’s note: Ha! What a transition.)
MRS. JENKINS: Oh, my, my, Samantha. Are you okay?
SAMANTHA: Oh, I’m getting sick of this question!
MRS. JENKINS: Samantha, I’ve seen a lot of moods out of you these days. Why don’t you visit the counselor, okay?”
SAMANTHA: Now?
MRS. JENKINS: Yes, dear.
NARRATOR: Samantha wouldn’t talk to the counselor but she would answer questions.
MRS. RUSSELL: Samantha, I have a hunch that you have a problem with child abuse. Is that right?
SAMANTHA: (softly) Yes.
(Editor’s note: That was easy!)
NARRATOR: As you probably figured out, Samantha’s problem with child abuse has come to an end. Samantha, Jennifer, Corey, and Kerianne are joking around.
COREY: It must have taken a lot of courage to get through what you did.
SAMANTHA: Yeah, it was… it was… horrible!
EVERYBODY: Bye!
NARRATOR: Everyone goes their separate ways. The only scars Samantha has left are the ones in her heart.
THE END.
For more information on child abuse, call 617-523-6400, 9-5 weekdays.

In other words, make sure your abuser doesn’t come after you on weekends or after dinner. Because then you’re shit outta luck, my friend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer