1.11.2005
Other stuff
Random thoughts over lunch:
1. The new season of the Surreal Life is seriously bizarre. Verne "Mini-me" Troyer is a perverted, scooter-riding freak and Chyna is huge and psychotic. Peter Brady, Jane Weidlin, and the two models seem okay. Da Brat lives up to her name; as soon as she got to the house she called her manager and bitched that she didn't want to live with "has-beens." Huh? When your people suggest you go on Surreal Life to jumpstart your career, what do you think that makes you? The best moment of the season premiere was, of course, when Mini-Me got wasted, but more specifically when he passed out: Peter picked him up like a baby and carried him to bed, and Marcus Schenkenberg followed riding the mini-scooter. Ha!
2. I found the best salad dressing: Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch. It's ranch infused with chile flavor and I love, love, love it.
3. Every day now I experience a moment where I painfully miss New York. I think it's seasonal... whenever things are boring or gross around here, like say, now until April, I start itching for change, and a visit usually does the trick. We visit Joe's dad, go to our old Brooklyn haunts, and hang out in the city. We reminice about all the things we loved and hated about living there, usually while on the subway, which perfectly represents both. Judy and Chris have expressed in going for a weekend, which I think would be awesome.
4. I still haven't won the house championship in Uno. I've got to be due for a landslide victory!
5. I didn't think Garden State was so wonderful, maybe because I've already heard so many people rave about it. I thought The Station Agent did a better job of taking weirdo loners and teaching them to interact.
6. Tonight we meet the new downstairs owners. I pray pray pray pray pray that they're cool.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer