3.31.2005
life stuff
So here's what's on my mind at the moment: last Saturday I was down a total of 19 pounds since starting in earnest January 3. I was all psyched and on a roll and mentally anticipating hitting my target. Then Easter came and fucked me all up. I went into the day stupidly thinking I could somehow work around it, but my family's Easter dinner is a feast: antipasto, baked ziti with meatballs, salad, chicken cutlets, fried zucchini, and lamb... plus fruit, chocolate, pizzelles, anise cookies, trifle and ricotta pie. Then we had to visit the other side of the family and they had round two of dessert: cherry cheesecake cupcakes, peanut butter pie, and banana cream pie. So, there was no way.

That got me all off course. Monday it was hard to revert back. Tuesday I made the mistake of weighing myself and the scale said I was up 5. I freaked even though I knew it was mostly water or salt or something. And I've been derailed since. I start every day with good intentions and then it breaks down. I still work out, I still drink tons of water, so I guess I'm still doing well, but I won't really feel satisfied until I hit that damn goal.

On another, but not less obsessive, note: baseball starts in 3 days!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer