3.14.2005
Pathetically small victories
I just have to marvel for a second. If you're a low-carber, you know that it's more expensive to eat because you have to buy a lot of meats, cheeses, and fresh vegetables. But depending on what you buy, the cafeteria in my building can be such a great deal. Sometimes not--I've paid six bucks for soup just because I wanted some chicken in it. But today I was starving from my little breakfast and I went down and bought enough items to fill up my entire tray, and the total seemed like it had to be wrong, but it wasn't. This is what I got:
  • hamburger, no bun, with lettuce and tomato
  • 2 dill pickle spears
  • side of buffalo chicken salad with bleu cheese dressing from the salad bar (notorious for being expensive)
  • sugar-free jello with raspberries
  • 2 oz. packet peanuts (3:00 p.m. snack)
  • 32 oz. water
  • 20 oz. bottle Diet Pepsi
Total: $5.46

Granted the pickles and the water were free, but that's still pretty good. Plus I won another free iTunes song, for a total of 4 plus the one that Joe won. I already know at least one song I want to buy: Poison by Bell Biv Devoe. Word of advice, son: never trust a big butt and a smile.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer