6.28.2005
Hello? Motivation? Where are you?
Ever since New York I've been eating horribly and slacking off at the gym. I don't think a week has gone by since January where I haven't gone at all, but I have had a couple weeks where I only went once. Last week I went twice. I went last night. But none of those sessions have been great, the way they were until late May. I was going 4 days a week, mixing cardio and strength, really pushing myself. Then I got derailed and started slacking on weights, talking myself out of finishing my routine because there were people using the machines I wanted or because I wanted to get home at a decent hour.

That coincided with the start of summer Fridays. During the summer I work 9-hour days Monday through Thursday in order to leave work at noon on Fridays. So my workouts, which used to go from 5:15-6:30, now don't end until 7:00 and that's if I leave work on time. I planned to finish earlier by going 5 days a week and alternating cardio and strength, but it didn't happen because summer means a spike in after-work social plans. And I know myself--there's no way I'll go in the morning. Now I'm back to thinking that I have to suck it up and dedicate 3 nights a week to the gym.

This happened last year; I fell off the wagon in July and it lasted until the day I started this blog. I've worked too hard to let it happen again. So today was the first test. I weighed myself in the morning (damage: +5 lbs), ate well all day (save for a tiny handful of m&m's, which, hey, it was the first day), and abstained at an ice cream social to celebrate a guy who is transferring to a new location. The day's not over, but I feel determination brewing. I can usually tell the false starts from the genuine commitments and I think we're dealing with a commitment here. This may turn into a diet blog for a few days while I work to get re-settled into healthy habits.


1 Comments:

Blogger Bray said...

You can do eeet!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer