8.24.2005
Big muddy rut
It's almost the end of summer and I find myself in a rut. How the hell did that happen? Fuck that! Fuck ruts. I've been letting stress get to me, slacking at the gym, eating like I'm on permanent vacation, and sleeping poorly. The house needs to be scrubbed and vacuumed and dusted and I haven't felt like doing it. I need to donate a shitload of clothes to charity because they are crowding me out of my closets and drawers. I need to make my mom's birthday gift from fucking last year. I need to silence the pissy inner monologue yammering in my head.

So, I'm sufficiently pissed off about the state of things. I'm ready to climb out of the rut, dust myself off, and give it the double bird. I want to ask "But how?" except that I already know how. This isn't a "Where is my life going?" rut. I don't need to change my job or my living situation or my hair. This is a "How the hell did I get so lazy?" rut. All I need is to suck it up. Scrub the bathtub. Go through the clothes. Work out. Go to bed earlier. Get up earlier. Use my time more wisely. Let go of shit.

For the rest of this week I'm going to focus on positive thinking and committing to good habits: drinking water, wearing makeup, lifting weights, giving compliments, eating vegetables, whatever it takes to make me feel good. Next week I want to make a point of getting up earlier than usual... the days will go a lot smoother if I'm actually awake and alert when I leave the house. So many days I wake up tired, go to work sullen, spend the hours passively, go home feeling like the day was a waste, get up and do it again the next morning. What kind of way is that to live?

I know you all know what I'm talking about. Any of you in ruts? We've got to get out of them, for fuck's sake! We're lucky as hell to be young and healthy and free. Let's go get drunk.


1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Don't worry... I'll help you out. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer