8.02.2005
Grocery shopping and thunderstorms
For some reason we always seem to go grocery shopping on Monday evenings, after work and the gym. It works for our schedules but I end up walking around the store starving my ass off. It's 8:30 by the time we get home, 8:45 by the time we put everything away, and 9:00 before we eat anything.

Last night I didn't feel like cooking so I just had grape tomatoes, hummus, and pita bread. Hint: Ken's Italian dressing drizzled into hummus gives it a yummy tangy kick. The original Italian... none of that zesty shit.

Tonight I'm making a salad inspired by something my sister saw on 30 Minute Meals: (more) grape tomatoes, chunks of avocado, European seedless cucumber, artichoke hearts, and cubes of cheese mixed with Good Seasons dressing and a little lemon juice. Will go well with grilled teriyaki tips, yes?

Last night we had a crazy thunderstorm. It started around midnight and lasted well over an hour. The windows were rattling and stuff was vibrating on the walls. I was half-awake, reflexively twitching whenever there was an especially loud crack. I wish I'd woken up all the way and watched it because the lightning was supposedly spectacular. I remember being half asleep, counting the seconds between the lightening and the thunder and thinking, "It must be here" because they were both constant, constant, constant. It's funny how kids are afraid of the thunder because it's loud, like when Daddy has too many Rheingolds; silly kids, it's the searing blade of electricity you really need to worry about.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer