6.29.2005
Bad sharer
Damn, I just worked for like 3 hours straight without noticing the time. I love when that happens, except when it's the end of the day and I look up and it's 6:30 p.m. and I meant to leave an hour ago. PowerPoint puts me in a daze.

I guess it's good that I've been at my desk all day, because I forgot deodorant this morning. Usually I put it on before my shirt, but today I wore one that has been in the closet for months and I wanted to try it on first. So I forgot. It shouldn't be a big deal until later, at the gym. Heh, sucks for the person on the next treadmill, and double sucks for anyone nearby while I'm lifting. And lucky Carly gets to hang out with me at Starbucks later on; if you want to reschedule, I'll totally understand.

Yesterday I didn't finish strong, food-wise. We went downstairs for a meeting of the condo association (consisting of us and the couple downstairs) and they grilled out so I had chips & salsa and hamburger rolls. It didn't occur to me that I wasn't planning to eat that stuff until I already had. I did make a huge salad though.

In the meeting we agreed to paint the front doors, paint and seal the front porch steps, and mulch the little side yard. In past meetings we had discussed powerwashing and sealing the deck. Finding the time for these projects is difficult; we are busy, they are busy, weather is a factor, and frankly the items are not at the top of our priority list when we are deciding what to do with our weekends. But I do want to get them done, because they add curb appeal and we will appreciate it when the time comes to put our place on the market.

They also asked us politely not to do laundry late at night because our washer and dryer are right under their bedroom. I had a feeling that would eventually come up. We always end up getting to it late because there is no other time and we are not people who will turn down a better offer just because there is laundry to be done. I guess the solution is to do the lights and darks on different days, rather than doing a laundry marathon. It's not a big deal, but I have to admit I felt put out--I'm all for common courtesy, but the beauty of owning vs. renting is the freedom to do whatever, wherever, whenever. So if I want to do laundry at 3:00 a.m. in our house that we pay the mortgage on, that should be okay. We aren't roommates asking each other please wash your goddamned dishes. I guess I'm old enough now that I've come full circle on sharing: I was bad at it as a child, good at it in college, and now I'm bad at it again. I want my own house, my own yard, my own everything.

Ooh, my boss just called and asked if I wanted anything from Dunkin Donuts. Sweet--medium iced french vanilla on the way! Nice boss. Good day... besides the deodorant thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer