7.22.2005
It's fixin' to be a lot better, man
Ahhh, Friday. I honestly believe my situation will be concurrently improved once 12:00 comes.

Last night we grilled out for the first time, ourselves. Well, technically only Joe did; I stayed in and made the salad. I'm not sure why the hell it took us so long to finally buy a grill, but whatever, we have one now, the first batch of burgers came out great, and now we're going to cook everything on there, including things that were never intended to be grilled. Also, the Sox pulled out a win in Chicago, so it was a good night.

We watched Dazed and Confused, too. The same insignificant mental critiques come to me every time I see it and I'd like to get them out there once and for all:

1. In Texas, in mid-to-late June,
do people really wear long-sleeved shirts? I'm not saying that half-buttoned purple blouses with tight white bellbottoms isn't a good look on a guy, I'm just asking.

2. You know the part after O'Banyon & Co. bust Mitch after the baseball game, and Pink tells him about when it was his time, and he says how "the guys waited for me after baseball practice"?
That's like the exact same fucking circumstance! They couldn't come up with something more original? Even if it was the same, wouldn't he have said something like, "Yeah, they got me just like you, after baseball... except there were ten of 'em."

3. Somebody, I forget who now, says, "That sucks." What in the 90's lexicon now? It should be something like
"That's a drag, man."

But I forgive them these gaffes because Dazed and Confused has one of the best tertiary characters in all of cinema: the guy in the convenience store when Mitch goes in to buy a sixer. I love that guy: "Remember, eat a green thing every day." The vest, the sherrif pin, the gum, and best of all, the bored salute. That guy rules.

Okay, time to pack up. Good day, gentlemen. And until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone.


2 Comments:

Blogger Bray said...

the best part about the convenience store scene is that the expecting mother is buying what looks like a fifth of liquor! Thats the whole irony of the "green thing" comment. Fuck green things lady! Just lay of the Goldsclagger!!

Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah she is! She's smoking too, right? And the guy's going on about getting enough calcium. Yes, make sure you have some broccoli and a glass of 2% with your Pall Malls and Wild Turkey!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer