8.18.2005
A minor "What the...?" incident
Ah, okay, this is absurd. At work, we ship stuff via The Third Big Shipper Whose Colors Are Red And Yellow. It's a totally autonomous process: complete the online form, print the waybill, leave the package for the mail guy. We have to order our own supplies individually. It's online, they're free, yay. Yesterday I shot out a request for envelopes. Today? Mail guy comes and delivers a package that is light as a feather. I open it. There's a crudely photocopied slip of paper inside informing me that the envelopes are out of stock and they will place them on emergency order.

I'm completely baffled as to why they wouldn't convey that to me via email. All these online services and somehow it makes sense to waste money and trees to send me an ugly piece of paper in a plastic pack? The only thing that would have made it more absurd is if they had sent me the notice in the type of envelope I ordered that they don't have.

My god I'm bored today!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer