11.21.2006
Five Things About This Morning

1. Something was weird about my shampoo. Normally it’s pearlescent white, but this morning it seemed to have separated into layers of white and clear. Can cold do that? Oh well, my hair didn’t fall out or anything.

2. I had considerable trouble deciding what to wear, because everything I looked at, I kept thinking, “No, I might want to wear that on Thanksgiving.” What? Why? My family doesn’t care what I wear. I watch too much Stacy and Clinton.

3. On the highway, I passed a van with “Triple AAA Heating” stenciled on it. Nine A? Okay, why not.

4. I played personal DJ and listened to the following:
“True Faith” by New Order
“You Are What You Love” by the Watson Twins with Jenny Lewis
“All the Pretty Faces” by the Killers – this is from the Sam’s Town bonus disc and so deliciously heavy and pounding, I love it.
“Bastards on Parade” by the Dropkick Murphys – I don’t have a drop of Irish blood in me, but this song’s solo makes me want to get drunk on Beamish and dry gulch someone.

5. I was the first one in my department to arrive, so I played with my gold slinky. I set it up to walk down my monitor stand to my laptop to my keyboard to my chair. It got stuck on the keyboard.



2 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Hey, cool that you're listening to Jenny Lewis! I love her.

Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, I like Rabbit Fur Coat a lot. Inspired me to dig out my Rilo Kiley CD, which my boss, of all people, gave me last Christmas.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer