11.15.2006
We don't need your whiny ass
Ever heard the song "Boston" by Augustana? Lyrics go:

She said I think I'll go to Boston.
I think I'll start a new life.
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name.
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly 'em out to Spain.
I think I'll go to Boston.
I think that I'm just tired.
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind.
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of Sunset,
I hear it's nice in the summer, some snow would be nice, oh yeah

Thanks, but no. We get enough non-natives who come here for college, spend four years clogging Allston-Brighton with their out-of-state bestickered Volkswagens/boxy old Volvos/ancient rusting Saabs/Daddy's cast-off late-model Acuras and almost getting killed by a T trolley while crossing Comm. Ave, and then decide they want to stay after graduation.

Thank Christ September 1 is ten months away.


5 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I realized one more annoying thing about this song: I think their thing about "where no one knows my name" is supposed to play on the Cheers theme. Gahhhh.

Blogger Melissa said...

I know! That's the worst part. We must obliterate it with a montage of good songs about Boston:

They came to Boston for an education / Live in the dorms, join a frat / Jam my bars and subway cars / Now what the fuck is that?
Now the first of December was covered with snow / And so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston
Tessie, Nuff Said McGreevy shouted, we're not here to mess around / Boston, you know we love you madly / Hear the crowd roar to your sound
Please come to Boston for the springtime
Well I love that dirty water / Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
M-A-double-S-A-C-H-U-S-E-double T-S!

Blogger Red said...

Interspersed with Jillian bouncing into the room announcing that you have a good electrician. Just because.

Blogger Melissa said...

Haha, yeah: "That IS good news!" And DP... better yet, TWO DPs.

Incidentally, how is the airfield cafe? I always hear about it on Phantom Gourmet.

Blogger Red said...

It was good, but not awesome beyond belief. Probably not worth the drive for you. And honestly, it was SO cold that it was almost unpleasant.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer