11.30.2006
Love Letter circa 1992
9:39 P.M. 5-13

PARENTALLY CENSORED: In English it means only you + me should see this note!

Dear Melissa,

I hate writing through mail but since we aren't talking tonight (Wed 5-13) I felt like writing. I guess it's probably because I'm lonely and I miss you. By the time you get this it will seem outdated news, but the Red Sox are winning 2-0 in the fourth inning and I'm watching the Celts game now and they certainly aren't doing as well. (78-68 Cleveland is winning in the 3rd quarter as of 9:40 p.m.).

O.K. - I'm turning off Pearl Jam (something I'd never do) to put in some music to inspire me, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge. God Melissa, lonely as I am, together we cry... how true. Take me to the place (or person) I love, take me all the way... take me all the way... take me all the way...

I can't stop writing those true words. I also can't stop thinking about you in your "Mysterious Ways" (U2). What can I say... "I Adore Mi Amore" (CMB) in other words - I adore, my love... in my words. I'd do anything for you and I'd listen to you about anything and take me all the way...

What I'm trying to say is that I love you so much and I want to share it with you in a time that would bring the gods to there (sp?) knees. That's how I feel.

Love,
[Horny fifteen year old boy]

P.S. Dee had 12 points tonight. Well, the Celts lost 114-98.
P.P.S. Ren + Stimpy kick!
P.P.P.S. Here are some supplies of Topps Stadium Club cards and a Mike Pagliarulo rookie, Dee Brown, and a Scott Cooper rookie.
P.P.P.P.S. Through all this mess, I just want to say, I love you... simply.


I've been trying to decide which part is funniest: is it his obsessive recording of the date, time, and sports scores? Is it that we were so familiar with Color Me Badd that he could safely refer to them as CMB? Is it that he was trying to woo me with baseball cards? Is it his thoughtful and informed opinion of Ren and Stimpy?

After careful consideration, I have to go with his diaphanous reference to sex, which involves both crippling deities and spellcheck. How about you; what do you think?


5 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

OMG! I kept copy and pasting parts to recap in your comments followed by hysterical laughter and THERE WERE TOO MANY TO PICK FROM!

"God Melissa..." is the new catchphrase.

Blogger Joe said...

I got some useful pointers from this Horny Fifteen Year Old Boy. Next time I am feeling romantic, I will download some CMB and shower you with baseball cards.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hola!" - or, in my words, hello!

Presently, the Lakers are beating the Jazz 29-27. Kobe has ten points. It's 11:16 pm eastern time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "I read your blog".

Blogger Melissa said...

Hola, Keith! Welcome, and may I say that the No Pantalones song is genius? I really should have listed that first under "5 Songs that Amuse Me."

You guys, there was also a goldmine of interjectons in the margins that I didn't even cover. Such as:

- I hate this pen!
- [his initials] + [my initials] 4 EVA
- The Cure - "Let's Go to Bed" (real song!)

And my personal favorite:

- Melissa [my maiden name] - SCHWING... big time!

Blogger Red said...

I love "The Cure - 'Let's Go to Bed' (real song!)" That sounds so perfectly 8th grade. I remember my friend and I huddling around my radio one night that year as Kiss 108 was about to do their Top 40 countdown because we'd heard that there was a new song called I Touch Myself and we wanted to see if it was really true.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer