8.25.2005
Everyday awesomeness

Usually when I come home Joe is settled in his chair, idly watching Seinfeld and concentrating on the laptop screen. Today he wasn't. When I walked in, tired and sweaty from the gym, I could hear music. I went down the hall and saw the bathroom light on, the vacuum inside. The music was coming from the shower radio.

I went in to see what was up. Joe was there, on his hands and knees, scrubbing the grimy bathtub. "Wow, you're doing this?!" I exclaimed.

He turned and smiled. "Since you were in your funk, I wanted to do something nice for you," he said. "Go in the bedroom, there's something there too." I went in and found flowers on the bed, wrapped in green Winston's tissue.

"You did this for me??" I asked about ten times.

"I love you," he said. "I knew it would make you happy if this was done."

You don't have to clean the tub or buy me flowers to make me happy, sweetie, but thank you for both. You're the best husband in the world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer