10.27.2005
Who knew a floor could bring so much joy?
Today I had an unexpected day off. I had to stay home and oversee Day 2 of the Great Kitchen Floor Installation, which should have been finished yesterday.

The guys showed up at 8:00. My access was limited to the living room, guest room, office, and dining room (which, conveniently, had the refrigerator in it) while they were working, so I played Tetris and worked on a project for my former boss (she left and took a job in Salt Lake City during the summer but I still do projects for her on a contract basis, for contract pay, which is double my average hourly salary). Around 10:00 I watched with amusement as they maneuvered the 21' roll of vinyl into the house through our front window. I don't know who the dumbass was that rolled it up the long way, but they had a 4-man chain going from the ground to the van to a ladder on top of the van to inside the house. At 11:00 I had to go to Home Depot (during The Price is Right! I missed the whole thing!) to buy wall molding because they told me they couldn't reuse what we already had. They finished up just before 2:00.

After they left, I stared at the floor for a while, moved the fridge and stove back into place (no small feat), put the table and chairs back, washed the counters, made the bed, dusted, vaccuumed, and Febreezed. Now the house is clean and cozy, I'm in my living room watching more I Love the 80s 3D, candles are flickering on the coffee table, and I'm happy because I didn't have to work, tomorrow is Friday, and my new floor kicks ass.


3 Comments:

Blogger Bray said...

So have ypu guys made vinyl angels on the new floor yet. Be sure to put on your mittens and snowsuits first.

Blogger Effie said...

I'm impressed that you moved the fridge back, over your brand new floor. If it was me, I'd have the refrigerator in the dining room for the rest of my life, and I'd be tiptoeing across the new floor only in the case of emergencies.

Blogger Red said...

I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon on people who care about your new floor. I would also support a Walk All Over Me party! I'll bring the swiffer.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer