12.04.2006
Four-letter word
It snowed this morning. For the love of Spam, I am not fucking ready for this shit. When I left my house at 6:45 a.m. there were fat, wet flakes mixed in with the rain. By the time I was halfway to work, it was all snow. I got to work twenty minutes late. That’s because I am incapable of leaving any earlier. What? Watching FOX Morning News from 6:05 until 6:20 with my bangs dried but the rest of my wet hair up in clips is part of my routine, okay?

(In case you’re wondering, and I hope you are, yes, I’ve asked myself plenty of times why I choose FOX as my morning news source. It is likely because I’m not interested in hearing any actual news at 6:00 a.m. “News” stories featuring mob bosses or flashers on the T are more my speed at that time of day, plus I think the traffic reporter, Doug Meehan, is cute. Alternate programming includes the Weather Channel, which makes me feel like I’m in a hotel, and BBC News, where the reporting of global atrocities is tempered by the soothing timbre of the anchor’s voice.)

Olivia update: she saw the pediatrician for her 4-month well-baby checkup on Friday and she continues to be a healthy, growing girl. She’s 16 pounds 6 oz, which is the 92nd percentile. We knew she was thriving but it’s amazing how she’s grown considering she’s been taking the same amount of formula since she was two months. I guess babies know what they need. We got the green light to try her on rice cereal, but the first attempt didn’t go well. She didn’t like the spoon or the new taste, most of it ended up on her bib, and she made faces and cried, so we didn’t force her. We’ll try again tonight and keep introducing it until it becomes more familiar and her curiosity gets the better of her. She’s exhibiting all the signs of being ready, like watching us when we eat, mouthing her hands and toys, etc. Yesterday I gave her a spoon to hold so she could get used to it, and she did put it in her mouth, so we’ll see. Fruits and yellow vegetables come next, so if she ever wants to know the joy that is pureed banana, she’ll get on board with the cereal.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer