2.14.2007
Snow day!
hnm / hb ytgfv/-;.-[p'[nu-0'm=[09p;o
.k,,

Olivia typed that. She clearly wants a blog. I think she finds her inability to communicate via the written word very frustrating. She must, anyway, because she's acting out... yanking the iBook power cord out, pressing the delete key to erase my work, tugging on my sleeve as if delivering an ultimatum: "If not me, then not you either."

It's a completely unexpected day off. Maybe not for most New Englanders, but I often go days at a time without seeing a local news or weather report. So when everybody in the office yesterday was like, "DID YOU HEAR? STORM COMING! SNOW! SLEET! ICE! I HOPE WE DON'T DIE," and my boss suggested we work from home if it looked bad out, I went to bed all excited. At 5:30 this morning, though, I woke up disappointed. There was barely a coating of snow on the ground and nothing but a little freezing rain falling. I took a shower fairly convinced I'd be going to work. Then I turned on the TV and was heartened when the newscasts were all school closings, highway accidents, and flashy VALENTINE'S DAY 2007 NOR'EASTER graphics. And the precipitation outside was picking up, so that was encouraging too. I got as far as putting on black pants when we made the executive decision to stay home.

A good decision, indeed. Hot chocolate, Swingers, Project Runway, Olivia in her soft little snowman sleeper. Of course, now Joe is outside trying to dig out. We never made proper arrangements for plowing; months ago our neighbor mentioned something about plowing us out for free, but neighbors and favors aren't exactly a reliable combination, and then it was 50 degrees every day until like 3 weeks ago, and so here we are. Or there he is; I'm inside watching Olivia, i.e. writing this as she naps beside me.

Project Runway note: Those Grammy outfits were FUGLY.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer