8.01.2007
200th post! And of course it's a survey
1] What is your middle name?
As if I needed further proof that I do too many surveys. Anne.

[2] What color is your mailbox?
Black

[3] Last time you had sex?
That would be last night

[4] Have you ever hit a deer?
No, fortunately. I love catching a glimpse of them, but then I think, “You’re too close to the road. Run away!”

[5] Do you have to drive over a bridge to get home?
Nope. There is a bridge over the highway at my work exit that has been under construction for fifty million years with no progress, but I don’t cross it.

[6] Do you get the paper delivered to your house in the morning?
No. The newspaper is a dead medium.

[7] Who checks the mail in your house?
Joe does, mostly. I come home with Olivia and all her stuff, so I never think about it.

[8] Do you have a small driveway?
No, it’s pretty big. You could fit maybe 6 cars.

[9] Do you know anyone with the same ringtone as you?
Nope. My ringtone is an 80s sounding chime, like a cross between the one in Pat Benatar’s “We Belong” and the one in Journey’s “Separate Ways.”

[10] What do you do first in the morning?
I sneak out of the bedroom quietly, so as not to wake Olivia, but she always hears anyway and starts crying, and I have to leave her in there until I get out of the shower.

[11] What brand is your printer?
It’s an HP.

[12] Do you enjoy fighting with people?
Enjoy? Of course not. I’ve learned that it’s necessary sometimes, and that you learn in the process whether the relationship is worth preserving.

[13] Is your hair naturally straight or curly?
Straight with some wave if I let it air dry.

[14] Who was your kindergarten teacher?
Mrs. Goldberg. Then I had her husband for eighth grade homeroom. He used to tell us, “I am not a human repeating machine” pretty much every day, so he was a liar.

[16] Are you taller than your mother?
We’re the same height, but I usually appear taller because of my shoes.

[17] Do you have a favorite word?
I like a lot of words. Fledgling, copasetic, brioche, solipsistic, cordial, algorithm, cardamom.

[19] What do you do to get over a broken heart?
Talk, talk, talk, drink, drink, drink, cry, cry, cry, write a you-suck poem.

[20] Do you have a deep dark secret?
No. My biggest secret used to be lying about how I lost my virginity, which was lame.

[22] Do you enjoy writing in colored pens?
Yes, but I mostly use black ink… I like a particular type of rollerball pen that my old old boss turned me on to.

[23] Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My pinky finger, where I bit it too much.

[24] Do you often cry during movies?
Not often.

[25] Do you hate your life?
No, I love my life.

[26] Do you get mad easily?
Stupid little things tend to make me mad faster than big issues. Joe can tell you what happens when I’m driving and he starts dozing in the car.

[27] Do you drink to get drunk?
Yes, a buzz is my objective when I drink. It isn’t for the taste… lots of stuff tastes good.

[28] What is your biggest pet peeve?
Listening to other people cough. I don’t know why, but it kills me.

[29] What is your away message?
It’s whatever is standard: “I am away from my computer now.”

[30] Do any of your friends have kids?
Yes. I can think of three little girls in our extended circle.

[32] Who should pay on the first date?
Whomever asked for the date.

[33] How many years older than you are you willing to date?
I’d probably go 5-7 years older.

[34] Do you have any friends?
Ouch, survey, that hurt.

[35] Do you have any mean friends?
No – I don’t have the time or energy to waste on mean people.

[36] What is the ugliest color in your opinion?
Mustard yellow. Especially on a T shirt.

[37] Have you ever liked someone who all your friends couldn't stand?
I don’t think so. There was once a guy in my life that my friends didn’t like, but hey, neither did I.

[38] Have you ever felt like driving off a cliff, seriously?
Ha, no. I was telling my friend the other day, when I was a teenager and wrote a check out of my parents’ account to cover a huge phone bill and the phone got shut off and they busted me, I remember wondering whether it would be easier to kill myself versus take the heat, but of course I was never serious, and anyway, I never considered driving off a cliff.

[39] Have you ever been fired from a job?
Yes – my very first job at Walgreen’s. I got fired for my drawer being off by $2.14. Everyone else I knew got fired for stealing.

[40] What year was your house built?
1991.

[41] When was the last time you slept in someone else’s bed?
Hmm. If hotels/B&Bs don’t count, and we’re talking about a bed in someone’s house, it might have been when Joe and I visited Red’s parents’ Cape house. It wasn’t recent.

[42] What brand are the pant/jeans you're wearing right now?
INC, from Macy’s.

[43] How tall are you?
I’m 5’6”

[44] What is the closest green object?
A green post-it displaying a phone number.

[45] What is on your feet?
Trouser socks and brown pointy boots.

[46] Do you always wear underwear?
Yes – I prefer it.

[48] Do you want to have kids?
Well, I sure as shit hope so.

[49] What is the brightest color you're wearing?
I guess my underwear, which is pink. The rest of my outfit is shades of brown.

[50] Who is the last friend you have, that you would never expect to be gay?
What? This is phrased strangely, kind of a double negative. I know my friends’ leanings, so I don’t expect any of them to be gay, unless they are/were. I don’t expect Joe to be gay!

[52] What's your mother's middle name?
Claire, which I’d like to use as my daughter’s middle name if we have another girl someday.

[53] Stupidest movie you ever saw?
The Matrix. And that futuristic one with Gwyneth… Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. LAME.

[54] Do you collect comic books?
God, no. And if you have such a collection, sell it now. Start a stereo store and marry your hot grandma.

[55] Do you look like your dad?
Yes, somewhat. I have his facial structure, his chin and his coloring.

[56] Do you have any TV shows on DVD?
We have 24, Family Guy and the Clerks cartoon series. If it were up to me, we wouldn’t have any DVDs.

[57] Are you wearing makeup?
Yes: eyeliner, mascara and strawberry Softlips lip balm. Usually I also wear Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

[58] Do you have a tattoo?
Nope. In college I got as close as going to the place and picking out a pattern (a tribal sun kind of like the one on the Alice in Chains Dirt album) but then I didn’t do it. I’m glad now.

[59] Are you happily in love?
Yup.

[60] If you won the lottery you would:
Sock most of it away for college and retirement. Buy a bigger house with a pool and home gym. Hire a housekeeper and a lawn service. Give a chunk to my sister.

[61] Is there something you want to tell someone, but you haven't?
No – I’ve said everything that I’ve needed to say, and now I’d like to not say anything for a while.

[62] Do you know how to draw?
Yes. I haven’t sat down to draw something in a long time, but that isn’t the kind of thing that goes away.

[63] Who is your hero?
I don’t know, but it isn’t anyone rich or famous. There is plenty of inspiration to be found in the people you know personally.

[64] Who'd you last IM?
Red.

[65] Do you work a lot of hours?
40, give or take. For a while there it was between 50-60.

[66] What do you do when you are stressed out?
I withdraw and stew about it, then I talk about it, then I do what I need to do and the stress usually goes away.

[67] Who was the last person that called you?
A work person.

[68] Is there anything you regret?
Not really, no. I regret not keeping it up when I had a good diet/exercise/weight loss thing happening, but what are you gonna do?

[69] Do you know where your family name originated from?
It’s Italian. I think the translation is Cut Mountain, so maybe my people were miners or jewelers or something.

[70] Are there any animals that creep you out?
I hate snakes. HATE!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer