1.21.2005
Nostalgic whiplash!
I just had the freakiest wave of nostalgia. It only lasted for a second but I seriously felt like I was my elementary school age self. I can't explain it. I felt like I had been in school and was going home to have a snack and play with Brian. I had a flash of the time that I was playing with my She-Ra doll under the big tree next to the driveway, building her a campsite/fort out of sticks and pebbles, and it kept me occupied for about 5 hours because I was so enamoured by the miniature world I created for her.

I loved that stuff... when I used to play Barbies by myself, I'd spend so long building her house and choosing everyone's outfits that I never really got around to playing. I never had or wanted a Barbie Dream House. I liked to make her house out of half Barbie furniture and half small things scrounged from around the house to make it more realistic, like a jewelry tray turned on its side to become a curio cabinet, a tiny crystal bud vase with flowers snipped from my mom's fake arrangements, and orange and yellow tissue paper to make a romantic fire.

I wish I had the same imagination I had 20 years ago. I'd have written ten books by now. Or be a crazy craft lady whose apartment is filled with themed dollhouses and cats.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer