12.19.2007
Craaaaaaaaap
Blah, I got in a fender bender this morning on 128.

I skidded on some black ice in stop-and-go traffic and rear-ended this middle aged guy in a Toyota Avalon. After the impact, I watched him have a mini conniption, gesticulate wildly, and jerk his finger toward the median, and we summarily went from two strangers in an unavoidable situation to passive-aggressive adversaries even before pulling over. We exchanged registrations and he made ridiculous comments like, "At least you could have picked a warmer day to do this." My reply: "This wouldn't have happened on a warmer day." Also, shut up.

In accordance with the Law of Jerks, his car sustained minor scratches, while I got a jacked up bumper, a smashed grille, and a bent license plate. It wasn't even his car; it belonged to his company. One of those motorist assistance vans showed up (who do those guys work for? How he hell did he show up so bloody fast?) and the guy came over to make sure we were both all right. Then he stopped traffic to let us back on the road.

The best part? While we were busy jotting down information, some random drove by and yelled, "IDIOTS!" Hello, asshole? It's first thing in the morning and 22 degrees out; why don't you shut your window and redirect that impotent rage into demeaning waitstaff and jerking off at work, okay?

Not a great morning, I guess is what I'm saying.


1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Listen, I'm sorry for yelling out the window. But you were making me late for work.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer