9.24.2007
Damn I wish I still had those college entries!
But I don't, so this survey will have to suffice:

WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT YOUR FIRST YEAR IN COLLEGE

Where did you go?
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH

Where did you live?
Scott Hall, room 301

Who was your roommate?
A horse-obsessed little person who wore puppy sweatshirts with Peter Pan collars and went home every weekend. Really.

Do you still talk to your roommate?
What do you think?

Songs that remind you of the first year?
So many! “Dancing Nancies” by Dave Matthews Band, “Hook” by Blues Traveler, “One of Us” by Joan Osborne, “Pillars of Davidson” by Live, "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt, “Ready or Not" by the Fugees, “Mona Lisa” by Guster, “Ironic” by Alanis Morissette.

Did you drink?
Yes.

Favorite alcoholic beverage?
Freshman year we were just learning how to drink. We drank Mad Dog 2020 with Sprite, Woodchuck cider, and too much Natty Light.

Ever get in trouble in the dorms?
Not freshman year, but I did get busted for alcohol the day we came back for sophomore year.

What's something you remember when you first lived on campus?
My first few hours on campus, I was completely freaked out about not knowing anybody. Before my parents left, a guy I had met at orientation came by and asked if I wanted to go downtown for dinner. I ended up missing my very first hall meeting and my floormates thought I was a rebel. I met two girls that night who would both become really good friends. That was a gift.

Your campus phone number?
603-862-5825 I think. I remember it was all in one row.

First party attended?
Some party in the Gables, a typical UNH fiesta: keg in the shower, beer pong and quarters in the living room. Some guy gave shared his 12-pack of Keystone Light with me.

Favorite Pizza Place?
Durham House of Pizza. DHOP!

Favorite place to go out to eat
Young's, J.P.’s, Campus Convenience, the Icehouse.

Did you go to the library?
A couple times. This was when the Internet was still a novelty and we would crowd into someone’s room to watch their Netscape freeze ten times trying to download a single page.

What was your favorite floor you'd always be on?
3rd

Club, Athletics, Frat or Sororities, you joined?
I did water aerobics. Hey, it was fun!

Where did you buy your books?
Durham Book Exchange

Attend any concerts?
I saw Alanis Morrisette, Live, the Fugees (with Coolio!), and Guster.

Favorite night to go out on, and where did you go?
Saturday night, and wherever we ended up – Young Drive, the Coops, the Gables, old KD, Skullhouse.

Where did you get coffee?
The MUB or the Bagelry

Go see a play or been in one?
I saw Fiddler on the Roof with my parents on Parents’ Weekend.

What do you hate about your college?
Greek life

What did you love most about it?
The friendships I made.

Ever leave to go on a road trip, where?
We weren’t allowed to have cars freshman year, so a road trip meant taking the bus to the Fox Run Mall.

Where would you believe is the best location to live in?
Area 1, baby! I wanted to live in Congreve sophomore year. Then my roommate-to-be got knocked up and wanted to stay in Scott because it was quieter and all girls.

Will you go back?
I go back periodically. College nostalgia is fun. I like to see how the campus has changed, poke around in the Out Back, visit new Libby’s, blather on about things that nobody else can remember, like Vietnam Video and that junky store down by the DuMP where we bought our rug.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer