9.24.2007
Senior Year of High School
1. Who was your best friend?
I didn’t have one. Senior year my cliquey friends and I parted ways, and I hung out with individuals and work friends.

2. What sports did you play?
Tennis

3. What kind of car did you drive?
A white Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais.

4. On a Friday night what where you doing?
Playing pool at Classics, working, or hanging out at someone’s house.

5. Were you a party animal?
No

6. Were you considered a flirt?
No

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
No

8. Were you a nerd?
I was an artist.

9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled?
No, just a couple detentions.

10. Can you still sing the fight song?
We didn’t have one. If we did, it probably went something like, “Please try not to suck, football team. Everyone is defecting to soccer.”

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Mr. Landry.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
With my clique. We seemed to sit in order of status, because I recall getting bumped down. After the schism, I hung out in the courtyard, the stone wall in the lobby or my friend’s car.

14. School mascot?
The Hornets

15. School colors?
Green and gold

16. Rival high school?
Lynnfield

17. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, junior and senior.

18. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Jesus, no.

19. What do you remember most about graduation?
Feeling anticlimactic relief that it was over.

20. Where did you go senior skip day?
Did we have a skip day? My class always got the shaft. We didn’t get an eighth grade dinner dance because they changed the junior high into a middle school and sent two classes up to high school at once, we didn’t get our fundraising shit together for a senior trip, and so I’m assuming we didn’t have a skip day either. If we did, I probably spent it at someone’s house.

21. Favorite memory?
Random nights driving around with friends, listening to this god-awful mix with Bryan Adams and Brown Eyed Girl and December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) and the Gin Blossoms on it. I also loved driving up old Route 1 by myself, listening to Nevermind and Hole and Weezer’s blue album.

22. Were you in any clubs?
Yes, I was involved in a bunch of college-application-friendly activities: drama, school paper, yearbook, outdoors club, academic decathlon, Massachusetts Alliance Against Racism and Violence.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?
The cafeteria. My class lost off-campus privileges.

24. Have you gained some weight since then?
Yup

25. Who was your Senior prom date?
This guy Adam. He was in a band.

26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion?
No, I don’t think we even had one. My class really seemed to hate each other, huh?

27. Who was your home room teacher?
Mr. “I Kiss My Cat on the Lips” Ward.

28. Who will respond to this?
Do it!

29. Who was your high school sweetheart?
Jeff of the obsessive time-stamping.

30. Do you still talk to people from high school?
A couple.

31. Did you win prom queen or king?
No

32. Where did you work at in high school?
Bob’s in Middleton

33. What were your grades?
Mostly As and Bs, Cs in math and chemistry… not quite good enough for National Honor Society, but then again I never tried.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer